Sunday, September 19, 2010

Journal 5

The first thing I did for myself was take screen shots of my level for a reference for painting. Then I did some research for inspiration to what kind of assets I could use for the Crimson level to start. I developed some sketches of potential assets in my sketchbook to get some ideas flowing. Then I did a lot of texture research from Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask to see how I should develop a certain feel for my level and how vibrant of colors I should use. I saved a few images for reference.

When attempting my sketch of the Crimson Room, I first set up layers for organization. Then I realized that I could use the clouds filter to get a simple and quick lava effect. Not one that i'll texture but just for the sake of this sketch i'll use it (since I need some practice on lava). I really had some fun making the pillars, I wanted them to have this glowy swirl affect like instead of regular cracks it would be swirly cracks that show the lava through the rocks (I like swirls). Overall I think my “sketch” looks pretty cheesy, I spent more time on it then needed and photoshop still frustrates me, but I think maybe one day we will develop a mutual friendship, for now...it likes to bicker with me every now and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment