Sunday, September 19, 2010

Journal 4

I'm mostly having a lot of trouble trying to get my box puzzle in the Indigo Room to work the way I want it. I was shown one way but I was unable to execute it properly. I was able to get some help, my friend's method was a lot simpler, and worked, to a certain extent, I was able to move the boxes but I was unable to figure out a method to make them go in their desired spots and open the door. I also needed the carpet to be textured so the player could figure out where to assemble the boxes. After hours and hours of thinking and searching for some way, I finally gave up. I just left the boxes movable but the player doesnt need to move them to open the door. That will come later. For now the boxes do not play a part in this level. I got a lot of help from a fellow classmate on how to add “kill volume” and “lava volume”, which was really simple, and it is something I should have already known, but I didn't. I had a couple of people test out my game, gave me some feedback that was useful and I took it.

No comments:

Post a Comment